HyGeniusMD helps reduce costs, enhance infection control and combat antibiotic resistance in healthcare, including hospitals, nursing & senior living facilities, clinics, and private practice.The ‘ABC’ of sustained HAI Reduction using HyGenius MD
A….Audit current practices
Staphylococcus aureus is spread by touch and is usually found on the skin and in the noses of normal, healthy people. Most staph bugs cause no more than a painful boil, but for people with open wounds, or in a weakened state, the bacteria can be lethal.
Every year an estimated 100,000 people pick up an infection in Britain’s hospitals at a cost to the NHS of £1 billion. Hospital acquired infections kill more than 5,000 patients and contribute to the deaths of approx 15,000 more.
Britain has the highest infection rate in US for the MRSA superbug. MRSA can attack any patient, no matter how young, or fit, or minor the operation.
Up to 30% of hospital-acquired infections could be prevented with simple changes in staff practices. Simple hand-washing between patients could bring down rates of MRSA alone by 25%.
Superbugs like MRSA are found not only on stethoscopes, catheters, intravenous lines, computers and watches, but can live for weeks on hospital fabrics, such as bed linen, curtains and doctors’ ties.
Hospital hygiene is dependent on good housekeeping which does not get the focus it deserves.
- HyGenius monitors, records and verifies employees’ hand-washing activities to meet all regulatory guidlines including:
- Joint Commission (JC)
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- Centre for Disease Control (CDC) Universal Precautions, Infection Control & Daycare Recommendations
- National Commission on Quality Assurance (NCQA) Infection Control Standards
- Federal, State and Local and Health Inspection Standards