How it Works
A “Sensor” is placed inside your equipment, constantly measuring the temperature and transmitting a radio signal with the readings at regular intervals.
A “TempGenius Data Server” or “TDS” then receives the signal. Once the TDS has obtained the readings from the sensor it does several things:
- The TDS makes the readings available on your computer where it can be viewed using the TempGenius software.
- The TDS stores the data in case there’s a power failure.
- The TDS checks the readings against your preset acceptable range, and if the readings is out of the preset range, the TDS will send out an alert to the appropriate contact via email, phone, pager or even text message. The alert feature works independently from your computer and allows delivery schedules based on recipient, time of day and day of week.
What It Does & Why You Need It
A dozen quick examples:
- Makes creating temperature logs and corrective action reports for HACCP compliance a breeze, saving valuable managerial time.
- Reduces labor costs and errors by eliminating manual readings and recording – no more “fill in the charts.”
- Monitoring continues when nobody is around, i.e. nights, weekends, vacations, and holidays.
- The alerts can save thousands in spoiled product costs by early detection of problems.
- Saves energy by recognizing colder than required equipment, allowing maintenance staff to optimize compressor run time.
- Allows for easy equipment relocation or replacement – “Look Mom, no wires!”
- Decrease downtime by sending alerts directly to maintenance staff as they occur.
- Ensures food quality – products held at optimal temperature lasts longer.
- Continues logging and alerting in power out and computer off situations.
- Expandable platform can track humidity, access, open/close, etc.
- Easy to use software – running TempGenius is very simple.
- Keeps the staff happy – one less tedious task to remember to do.